Friday, January 25, 2008

"I will be your Ferdinand and you my wayward girl."

Hey all!

Haven't posted in a long long time, but thought I should keep a running log of my time here in Southern France. The first few days, admittedly were tough, as I was all alone for real for the first time in Europe. I left on January 5th (Saturday), and departed first to Paris for a stopover to Marseille.

My first impression of Marseille was admittedly, a little unimpressed, as the northern side of the city is quite filled with graffiti everywhere, and some houses were old and run-down. However, the further I got into the city, the nicer the surroundings were. After waiting at the train station for a few hours to go to my hostel, I was way too tired and passed out for the rest of the day (stayed awake for about 24 hours!).




The next day, I met with INTERACT, the group that greets all the international students to Euromed Marseille (no the "med" in the name doesn't mean medical, but mediterranean! for the people that gave me confused looks when I said Euromed). I arrived at my residence a few hours later.

With that said......I'll leave the entry here for now, sleep is more important!

1 comment:

Vinesere said...

I say you should get us more pictures! that one particular random picture of an empty room is not enough! Add caption! I demand more!

PS: okay, tell me where your quote is from.. =/